Monday, July 11, 2005

Nostalgia 2005

A few days ago I was digging in the gigantic archive of old floppy disks in the house, between which I found a really old game I used to play on my 386 when I was younger, and oh how fast did it run when we got that 486dx.

The game itself is a Boulderdash clone and is called Supaplex. Of course, I couldn't be bothered to install the game, since I do not have a 5¼ inch drive in my box anymore (who does?), and I do have Windows XP, which is extremely stubborn when it comes to playing old DOS games.

So I just queried the name on Google, and it came up with a lot of results. Of course, there are a lot of other and newer and better looking Boulderdash clones around, but the first result wasimmediatelyy on the spot: download it here, the game is still being maintained and updated so that even Windows XP users can play it.

An even better choice to download is Megaplex, which runs in a window, which plays sound! (Still no music though, which is not bad, because the music was terrible annoying ;).)

Controls are easy: arrow keys to move, press space with an arrow key to 'grab without moving' (try it), and hold space a long time to use a red disk (if you have any), which will explode, so get away quickly.

If you can't be bothered to do all that, you can go play a nice simple but challenging Planarity Flash Game.

[ยต]

No comments :

Post a Comment