Thursday, July 07, 2005

Project Gizmo

Project Gizmo is a new piece of software just like Skype. Add contact, make a profile, start talking.

I've used it for some time now, I must say it looks very clean and crisp, and is as easy to use as Skype (which seems to have updated it's website). The best of the two? I can't really say, Skype will become the MSN Messenger of VOIP: used by everyone, corporate, blah blah. Gizmo will then become the ICQ and others: trying to get a share and used by people who actually want and dare to try something new instead of following the horde.

So I leave them both installed. Now I just have to wait for my friends using any of the two, because the 'horde' I call my contacts are still using MSN Messenger...
It might take a few years before VOIP will become mainstream (especially in Belgium).
I wonder if there are other countries where people are already using lots of VOIP applications (apart from America and Japan and all those other high-tech countries).

[ยต]

No comments :

Post a Comment